What is the test of a good measure? Actually there are six.
1. It helps you to understand and improve performance.
2. It is related to the purpose of the system and what matters to customers.
3. It takes an end to end measure of the system
4. It shows the extent of variation in performance
5. It is visual and in the hands of those who do the work
6. It shows the relationship between leading (throughput, service) and lagging (operating expense) measures.
How many did you check?
P.S. Just to be clear, targets do not pass the test of a good measure.
As ever, I would love to hear what you thought about this blog. Click here to leave your comment now
8 Responses to “How Do You Measure Up”
Leave a Reply